I missed last weeks dev blog, I took a little break for a week for a game release and watch some Netflix, plus spend some time with my other half before I get back into some crazy coding sessions! It has also allowed me to take in some feedback from the Shopping Cart and see how it's getting on!
There have been 2,638 unique shopping carts created since March 6th! Not bad at all! The most popular item to be added to the cart is Hi-Potion of Strength! (related to a raid I wonder! :O)
The next plan of updates will be focusing on the site itself, mainly the game data. I will be doing some more data mining, getting more information added and fixing a lot of map stuff. So the plan is:
- Implement a lot more game data (Gathering stuff, airship/home crafting stuff, more linked data, etc)
- Create merged NPC's (in the game files an NPC is duplicated per instance, so some have about 200 entries, need 1 to link them all!)
- Add in special shop token information
- Implement all position locations and multi-markers for maps, and make the "map tool" load game data.
- Do some basic page features (API docs, Support section)
This will be about 2-3 weeks worth of work to get everything up to scratch, I'm quite excited! Then I will probably move onto the Wardrobe tool and Comparison tool and XIVPads!
I think that is pretty much it for this week. The past two weeks updates include:
- Ads have been adjusted (ZAM requirement), we're doing a contract to improve the quality of ads and reduce auto play ads. I've also put blockers in place for any attempted popups. Adblock detect has been added by request so you may see little sad messages, ads pay for this site and if you feel comfortable using the site with ads it helps a lot. I am supported primarily through them (same way a Youtuber would be) and it allows me to spend more time working on the site. They also pay for the hosting of the site.
If you don't enjoy ads, just using the site helps as well, engagement vastly improves the feel of the site and provides motivation :)
- Massive improvements for translators and getting them into the site, I am working on getting Chinese game data in!
- Couple bug fixes with comments and screenshots forms.
- Mobile layout tweaks, reduce amount of home content loaded on mobile
- Layout tweaks
- To try reduce the amount of vertical space and get the comments section moved up, the Patch has been moved to the title, the header has been squashed a bit with categories placed under. The languages/dev info has been made smaller.
- The mascot is back in the header, like v1 :) say hi to him!
Hope you all enjoy!
I will post more about the game data stuff next week!