This week I was in London at the Uk PHP Conference which was a lot of fun, that took up about 2 days of work. I managed to get in a lot of new translations on the train, and I focused on some simpler, easier stuff that needed doing.
Account sections, including Login/Register/Forgot password are now under SSL, I've logged out all accounts as the area is on a different section from the site and is isolated. It should remember your Language when switching to the Account section so hopefully it works smoothly.
In addition, the API is now also on SSL, so developers who have HTTPS on their website can also use the API, it's also a lot better supported in desktop applications.
Next week I will be focusing on the Shopping Cart tool from v1, this also includes the quick shopping cart found on recipe pages. I will build it identical and then add in some extras on top, after that I will do more based on Feedback :) Some other QOL fixes/changes will probably be applied to the recipe pages and tools.
Here are this weeks updates:
- NEW: Added a "Toggle Extended Filters" option. When searching, to the right of the filter bar is a new button, this will remove the tabs in the filters and make them all on a single view. The setting is saved for your machine.
- CHANGE: Tabs have been removed from drop down menus and some menus have been split out (Weapons, Tools, Armor), this is because tabs add extra clicks by hiding stuff and I really didn't like them to begin with!
- NEW: Crafting skills that were missing have been added to "Actions"
- NEW: Item level ranges (25 level increments) have been added to Database > Armor
- CHANGE: The order of "History" will work as expected when visiting a previously listed entity, (eg if you visited Curtana before, visiting it again will move it to the top of the list rather than it staying at the same position in the History)
- NEW: Required level ranges (10 level increments) have been added to Database > Armor
- CHANGE: Airships menu filters have been moved from Database > Items to Database > Housing
- CHANGE: The Menus: ools, Community and XIVDB have been simplified (a lot of those pages are not yet ready)
- NEW: Grand company dropdown menu filters have been re-added to Database > Armor
- NEW: More translations have been added
- NEW: User sections (Account, Login, Register, etc) are now under SSL. This excludes them from the rest of the site. (Character section has been disabled for now until I make XIVSync SSL enabled)
- NEW: The API is now under SSL.
- NEW: The API should now properly display an json response error if the site is under maintenance.
- NEW: The API should now return "NULL" instead of "FALSE" where appropriate.
- CHANGE: Sections that are "hidden" on Mobile will now no longer load into the page at all, this should help mobile performance.
- NEW: Favicons have been added for Retina and iPhones
- CHANGE: Branding bar color has been added for Google Chrome on mobile devices.