XIVPads / XIVSync Migration
I have completely finished all of the XIVSyncs new code, it will run on NodeJS and track a lot of character information from the Lodestone (over 1 million characters a day!). I am in the process of building character profiles on XIVDB and once that is done everything will move over. All features that are currently on XIVPads will continue to exist (tracking, achievement ranking, private messages, support, chat and character search). In addition Free Company, Linkshell integration, and a Character Census will be added.
It is quite a lot of work but it isn't all from scratch, thankfully XIVPads has always been my own project and so I can reuse a lot of the code and techniques and the hard part (actually tracking) is out the way, woop!
Unfortunately, this means no major features on XIVDB until I get this done. Estimating about 1-2 months as it is a quite sizable amount of work. I will still do updates on the site, improve existing features and keep adding more data to the site, just no biggies like the tools etc.
So to keep you going, I built Gearsets!!!
Gearsets is a search tool that allows you to throw items into a window and see the stats of gear accumulate. This is really good for stat tweaking and seeing just how high you can get values with different setups. In future updates gearsets will be tied to your profile so you can share them and you'll even be able to load sets from your Lodestone profile.
(This is in beta as it has not been fully tested and requires features from the XIVSync Migration, submit your suggestions for it using the Feedback/Bugs button!)
You can get to Gearsets either:
- From the Main Menu: Tools - Gearsets
- From the Search: Tools - Gearsets
If you've used the Shopping Cart tool, you'll be very familiar with how this works. Search the items you're interested in, when you mouse over the item you'll notice it has a yellow outline, this indicates it is draggable.
Items are detected and automatically placed into the correct slot. If the item is a ring it will fill left first, then right, after that the right ring will always replace until the left ring becomes empty. There are no restrictions built into Gearsets (Intended).
Throw more items in and you will begin to see the stats information adding up the stars. The bars represent the percentage to the maximum stats.
If the items you've placed onto your set have materia slots, you will see the number of slots next to the gear icon
To add materia, search for what you want and drag it onto the window. it will then prompt you asking which item you'd like to add the materia to, materia is always added to an empty slot, if there are non it will fill the last slot.
Materia icons will then show up next to it
Clicking on the materia will show you what is attached
Once you're satisfied, click Save/Load where you can give it a name, description, type and class/job and save it to your account. In a future update people will be able to search your gearsets, leave comments, post screenshots and they will be part of your profile!
To delete your gearsets, go to Account - Tools. I've put it there so it isn't done accidentally.
Enjoy making sets :D And post any feedback, I've not tested it with every item...
- Account section has been cleaned up a lot, it is now split into:
Account - Profile
This section is similar to before in what you can do, change username, email, password and set the site background.
- Several new backgrounds have been added, so you don't have to have just the blue triangles! :D (Suggest more if you'd like)
Account - Characters
Here you can add, remove and manage your characters.
- Accounts now support multiple characters. This is so it is ready for the XIVSync migration.
- You can delete characters from your account (This does not remove it from the site)
- You can switch freely between characters, whichever is your main will be the one used on comments.
Account - Tools
Here will be a list of saved content, right now it contains:
- Saved Shopping Carts
- Saved Gearsets
You can also delete your gearsets here, (shopping cart delete to-do!)
- Various pages now have proper site titles
- Materia stats have been added
- Tooltip Tweaks:
- HTML code no longer injects into the site, instead it is referenced as an object, reduces site forced rendering by a lot.
- Tooltip requests will no longer overlap when sent in success (eg lots of searching), instead it will queue up and fire off a single request once events have stopped. This dramatically reduces tooltip query lag
- Tooltips no longer have independent mouse events, 1 event watches them all, makes following the mouse a lot faster and prevents accidentally "clipping" the tooltip and causing it to stick.
- Tooltip width is now fixed (except for crafting recipes, as they're wide), very minor style tweaks have been added for this.
- Tooltips will no longer query for tooltip code it has already obtained during a previous query
- Emails have been updated, look cleaner :D
- If you are on the items category, opening the shopping cart tool will no longer reset the current page you're on.
- In the shopping cart search tool, there is a link to "Load Saved Carts" which will open your list in a new tab.
- Site width is now fixed to 880px width, its hard to manage shrinking with different tools. Sorry!
- Comment patch number will now properly load on deleted comments.
- Sticky nav has been disabled for Mobile
- While the shopping cart and gearsets are open, links in search results will be disabled to prevent loosing your work on the opened tool. (You can still middle click, and closing the tool will renable it.)
- The menu link: XIVDB - API will now to go the GitHub repo for the API. (I will place all documentation on there)
- Links to official forum posts in comments of Dev Posts should now properly work. (Did for the few i tested!)
- Work on translating dynamic webs tools has started, with Gearsets being fully translate ready!
Enjoy!! I will be ready for updating on 3.35!